Why do I need an auto belay?
Can I download the TRUBLUE Auto Belay Operator’s Manual?
Why does the TRUBLUE auto belay have an annual re-certification requirement?
According to section 6.1.1 of this standard:
Equipment shall be inspected by the user before each use and, additionally, by a competent person other than the user at intervals of no more than one year.
What international safety standards does the TRUBLUE meet?
- American National Standard ANSI/ASSE Z359.4-2007 “Safety Requirements for Assisted-Rescue and Self-Rescue Systems, Subsystems and Components”
- Canadian Standard, CSA Z259.2.3-99 “Descent Control Devices”
- Australian and New Zealand Standard, AS/NZS 1891.3 1997 “Industrial fall-arrest systems and devices – part 3: Fall arrest devices
- European Union Directive BS EN 341 “Personal protection equipment against falls from a height – Descender devices.”
How do I install a TRUBLUE Auto Belay on my climbing wall?
Please refer to the Operator’s Manual for complete installation instructions.
How often do TRUBLUE Auto Belays need to be re-certified?
What is the cost of a TRUBLUE Auto Belay device?
How is the TRUBLUE Auto Belay different from the past generation of auto belays?
- Extensive safety testing: For over four years, the TRUBLUE auto belay has undergone extensive safety testing by an ISO 9000 accredited company specializing in product testing.
- No clutch bearing: The TRUBLUE has been engineered to eliminate the need for one-way clutch bearings. This eliminates a key potential point of failure that is present in other auto belay designs, as well as the need to maintain and replace these mechanisms.
- Reliability with no sacrificial wear parts: Non-contacting magnetic technology with a reliable self-regulating backup system
- Extended Lifetime: Design critera for number of cycles is much higher than other auto belays
What is the anticipated lifetime of the TRUBLUE Auto Belay?
What safety measures went into the TRUBLUE design?
Can I use the TRUBLUE Auto Belay outdoors?
What is the descent rate of the TRUBLUE Auto Belay?
How do I replace the webbing on a TRUBLUE Auto Belay?
What weight of participant can climb on a TRUBLUE Auto Belay?
How do I send the TRUBLUE auto belay in for re-certification?
When should I replace my webbing?
Frequency of line replacement will vary depending on usage. Please refer to the Operator’s Manual for complete information.
To purchase a replacement webbing for your auto-belay click here.